Sunday, June 04, 2006

Today -- 24.7km!! and 4:23hrs!!

Wow....today was a long workout!! We left home and it was raining a bit. Got to Burnaby Lake and it wasn't too bad, actually almost getting muggy as the rain was disappearing. We stretched together for a couple of minutes and Mike headed off on his run and I started out walking -- we were to do 23km today. However Mike was feeling tired and his legs were talking to him, and he listened well and ended up heading back towards me and when we met up, he told me he would be keeping me company today. That was a nice treat for me and in the end I think even for him. We got to walk together today (that usually doesn't happen). I enjoyed having the company and even though we both listened to our ipods on a quieter setting we got to chat along the way. Burnaby Lake is really a pretty place to be doing one's training. Today we saw a baby bunny and a turtle. Not it was not the tortoise and the hare race.....the turtle was out in the water and the bunny was hopping along in front of us. Very sweet seeing mother nature in her truest spring form. We even saw a young geeseling with some older Canada Geese. By the time we did our two laps of the lake and walked home, we had logged just under 25km. Whew....into a hot shower and bath for me to soak my muscles. Mike made us a yummy lunch to restore the fuel we burned up. My GPS said I burned 1500+ calories today!! We spent the rest of the day recouperating, relaxing and reading. Isn't that the way a Sunday should be anyways?
Well this day is over now and its time for bed and get rested to start the week all over again and on with this week's training! Next Sunday is 26km. stay tuned as we continue to count down our Iceland trip. We just ordered the Lonely Planet's guide to Iceland. Should have it in about a week. Want to learn more about where we are going and what else we can do for our extended stay. Cheers!

No comments: