Friday, June 02, 2006

Thank you Barb!!!

A big thank you goes out to my birth mother, Barb Carriere who lives in Regina (yes, I'm adopted and have 2 mothers). Over the last little while Barb has been asking friends and family for donations for us!! Last night when we came home from our 8km workout in the rain, pouring rain and more rain.....I checked the mail and found an envelope with 15 donations adding up to $675!!!!! Thank you so much Barb for asking so many people and also for your own very generous monetary donation on top of asking so many people and telling them what we are doing. Our Thermometer now reads $12,801. I believe we'll hit our $15,200 Goal. Only $2399 more to raise. In fact I have a suspicion we may even pass that goal before we leave for Iceland. We still have a couple more fundraisers happening and still more people we haven't asked yet.

I too have logged just over 112km for the month of May. Mostly walking on my part as I'm still trying to ease into running. We have only 11 more weeks. Now I know that 11 weeks seems like a long time, but when you have lots of mileage to put in and more money to raise, it does not seem like that long. And time just seems to fly by. Just yesterday I celebrated my 5 year anniversary at work and can't believe that much time has gone by already. I still remember my first day!!

For the month of June we will likely log between 175 and 230 km. Depending on if we hit all our training workouts with all the other time commitment's we have.

Thank you again to everyone who checks our blog and is following our progress. Thank you to those who leave comments and encourage us. Thank you to those who support our endeavors and encourage us and a big thank you to each and everyone of you who has donated so far. We both really appreciate everyone's support. Stay tuned for more as the mileage and the thermometer continue to climb......

No comments: