Monday, June 12, 2006

27km for Waleah & 26km for Mike

This weekend was busy as we had my birth mother Barb in town from Regina. She stayed with us for the weekend and was brave enough to do my training session with me. Mike ran his 26km and had a good workout. Barb walked with me for 22km. I then continued on to do another 5km and Barb and Mike made the walk back home to start brunch and get cleaned up. The afternoon was pretty mellow as we all needed a snooze after our long workout.

It's monday night and we are both feeling exhausted. Had a really nice dinner over at our friends, Paula & Steve 's place and had fun with their little guy Tyson who is 13 months old and a real cutie! Mike's mom and step dad were there tonight too and we had a great time, but now it's off to bed so we can get rested for another long, full and busy day tomorrow. Seems that ever since we signed up for this adventure life has gotten even busier than normal. But we are having fun and enjoying ourselves.

On that note, good night all.....have a good one.....zzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Good for you both! That was quite the distance on Sunday. I'm not sure I've totally recovered even now! :)

Michael Blais said...

Actually I think I am more sore this morning than I was yesterday
:)