Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday, June 25th = Happiest Day of My Life


This morning we got up early and headed out of the house in hopes to beat the heat for our workout. We left home just after 8am and headed to our favorite Sunday spot, Burnaby Lake. The sun was shining and it was a picture perfect day, with the exception of the heat. 21 degrees at 7am....apparently we should have gotten up earlier......Oh well. We've both been sick the past week and missed our mid week workouts and I missed last weekends from being sick. We set out with the intention of doing our 29km workout, but realized 7km in that it probably wouldn't happen.....after 10 we decided to cut it short (we did 14km in total). Mike still wasn't feeling well so he joined me halfway around the lake and worked out with me till we called it quits for the day. We jogged and walked together, doing half km running and half km walking. We decided not to push too far and this week we will get in all our mid week workouts and tackle our long one next week with better health and stamina.

So you're probably reading and saying how does this equal the happiest day of her life???

Well at the end of our workout when we got to the dam Mike decided we should hang out for a few minutes -- we were drinking some cold water from the water pump and having fun pouring water over each other to cool each other off and just having fun joking and chatting. We were actually chatting about our future plans to eventually get married and I was telling Mike that I couldn't wait to marry him and I look forward to our future together.....he asked me if I was sure and if I had any doubts or hestitations....I said I was sure and had no doubts. He's who I'm meant to be with.....all of a sudden he stood up in front of me and said "Waleah, Will You Marry Me?"......I was a little stunned and confused....I thought I had just established that yes I wanted to marry him....what I didn't realize till I looked down at his hands instead of up at his handsome face, was that he was holding an engagement ring in his fingers.......*sigh*....I really got confused and actually asked him if I was dreaming......when he assured me no....I was indeed awake and yes he was holding a ring and asking me to marry him, I promptly replied with a YES and a few dozen kisses and some tears!!! The best was when he looked at me with his big beautiful smile and said "I'm so excited--I get to marry you!!". Mike is the best guy I've ever met and he makes me so happy and today he made me even happier than I thought I could be. My ring is beautiful!! It's sparkly and looks great on my hand. And the best part was it came from him with love and from the bottom of his very big heart!! It's been a fun day of calling my girlfriends and sharing our exciting news. Now we just need to figure out what we want to do for our wedding and set a date (and then the real fun begins....all the planning!!). And I'm so excited to be marrying my best friend. I'm looking forward to a lifetime with Mike.

PS....Bless......I'm getting Maaaarrriiieeedd (too)!!! neener neener neener :)

good night all.

9 comments:

Brent and Bless said...

Congratulations!! Brent's at a school picnic so he might not have heard the good news yet but since I semi-know him, I'm sure once he finds out, he'll be just as happy and excited as I am!

Waleah -- from me to you, isn't it so nice to have someone who finds you attractive even when you're sweaty!?? ;) Joking aside, I am really happy for you. I see the way Mike treats you ...how lucky are you to find someone who will take care of you and love you unconditionally for the rest of your life.

Thanks for the good news, hope to see you guys before you leave for Iceland!

Aloha,
Bless

PS: Waleah -- You have a fiance!! Isn't that crazy? I'm still getting used to calling Brent my fiance. To me, he's still 'the volleyball guy'.

Brent and Bless said...

Hi Waleah,

I just re-read the 2nd paragraph of my oiginal post and now I'm having a minor panic attack.

"isn't it so nice to have someone who finds you attractive even when you're sweaty" ...oh dear, that sounded so bad!!! **insert nervous laugher**

I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I was thinking about the times when Brent and I play volleyball together and each time I think to myself, how lucky am I that he still loves me even when I'm sweaty! So I meant it as a good thing, I sweat to goodness!

Anyway, I hope we can still be friends. And I hope you'll still let us play RoboRally.

:P
Bless

Taylor said...

Congrats!!

FreddyBeachPete said...

Although we've never met in person, from following your blog I feel that in some way I've gotten to know you. Congrats on your engagement and also on exceeding your Team D fundraising goal!

All the best,

Peter

Anonymous said...

AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!
I can't believe I was away for this momentous occasion! Save some of the hopping up & down for when I'm back, OK?????
Love & best wishes to both of you!
Vicky

Waleah Blais said...

Vicky,
When I arrived at work yesterday it was my first thought that I couldn't believe you were away and won't be back till July 5th!!! I'm glad you got to read our blog though and know our exciting news!! I'm looking forward to sharing it all with you when you get back.....I'm still on cloud nine and I'm sure I'll still be jumping up and down when you get back! Thanks for all your love & support!
Love Waleah & Mike

Anonymous said...

From your mother and soon to be mother in-law. You are both blessed to be finding your special partner. Be good to each other and may your life always be filled with wonderful adventures. Waleah welcome to the family......
Love Mom

Special Guest said...

Congratulations, you crazy kids!!!

DerekTheRunner said...

Congratulations! I wish you the very best. I must admit that the first time I looked at your June 25th post I didn't read the whole thing and was left confused. I guess it makes a lot more sense when I go and read the whole thing. I wish you the very best and hopefully I will meet you two in person someday now that I am getting to know who you are from your blog. I would drop by in Armstong to see my other Team Diabetes teammates as Armstrong isn't far away but things are a little crazy down here in Kelowna right now. (see my blog www.dereksmarathon)

Have great happines in married life.

PS: Too bad you aren't in the Vegas Marathon. I hear they do wedding vows with a running chaplain at the one mile marker.