Friday, March 03, 2006

New Shoes...

I consider myself pretty lucky. I haven't ever really run and I was able to pick out a pair of shoes that fit me pretty well and that I am happy with off the bat. Waleah didn't have so much luck this time. Her new shoes were causing a lot of pain last night so training was cut short during our warm up. It didn't click in to either of us that she should have brought her old shoes in case. So we brought our gear tonight for an afterwork run with her old shoes.
We also picked up a new toy this week, we purchased the Forerunner GPS from the running room, it's pretty cool since it gives us our interval times automatically and tracks our distance for the run. I can't wait to play around with it some more and see what else it can do.

I'm a little worried, the on-line training begins April 28th and we need to have a base run of 10k by that time. I trust Waleah when she says that won't be a problem by then, our first test will be the Vancouver Sun Run in 8 weeks, it makes it easier to train for something only a couple months away, August is still a loooong ways away.

No comments: