Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back at it....


We've been a little lax on the training after our vacation.
We've decided to start our training using the Vancouver Sun Run training as a base.
Today ended up being just over 5 kilometers mixing 2 minutes walking and 2 running. I'm a little suprised at how easy it was since it has been over a year since I've been in any sort of running shape and I've never been a runner (I've always done my fitness from team sports..football, hockey etc.)
I'm very glad to have Waleah as a training partner since she's been through training for a marathon and she can keep me paced so I don't die within 5 minutes of starting our run. It had made running that much more enjoyable to have someone with experience to reign me in.

Our current fundraising total is at $2847! A lot of money but we still have a long ways to go ($9153!).

My dad is currently organizing a Golf/Texas Hold'em Tournament in the spring. Stay tuned for more info.

No comments: