Saturday, March 25, 2006

Curlers Rock!

A quick update for those of you following our progress.
Last night at Curling at the RCCC in New West one of our fellow curlers got up and made an announcement on our behalf. Thank you Violet!! Last night alone we managed to collect another $326 towards our goal. We have just hit the $5000+ mark. Yay! And we also had many fellow curlers asking if they could bring their pledge forms back to us next week or donate on line. Of course we said yes! We really appreciate everyone's support!! Just under $7000 more to raise before mid July. We curl with a great group of people on Friday nights in a mixed league. Some of you may recall the earlier blog entry at the end of January refrencing my broken wrist....ah yes.. But that will only keep me away for the remainder of this season (2 weeks) and next year I'll be back as good as new. And I think that both Mike and I intend to join a men's and women's team respectively as well as keep playing on our Friday Night Mixed League. Last night we also managed to find that there are a couple of gamers in our midst at Curling too and have recruited more people to attend our Gaming Fundraiser in May. Stay tuned for more details on the Golf Fundraiser in May in Chilliwack. A couple of Golfers in the midst said they would like to attend that one too!

Next....Just returned my new shoes for a different pair. My first ones just weren't working for me. The helpful staff at the Coquitlam Running Room have set me up with another pair and I'll give these a try. Wish me luck that these are the ones that will be staying! And helping me work towards my goal. It's amazing how important a good pair of running shoes are to your training. You don't need a lot of equipment to run, but you sure do need a pair of shoes that fit your feet properly and give you the support you need. It's amazing how different we all are and how many different pair of running shoes are out there. Thank goodness for such well trained staff at stores like the running room.

Well that's all for today; I must get back to tidying up the apartment. We have some friends coming by for dinner and games tonight. Should be a fun evening. Won't be too late though; as tomorrow up early to get out for a run. Only 4 1/2 more months till the Marathon. Yikes! :)

No comments: