Saturday, April 29, 2006

ugh.

Been a really tough couple of days here. Tuesday's run was pretty tough, it was only 6k but at a quicker pace. In the end with my longer than normal walking break I finished with a pace of 7:30/km and that is about what I run with my 10/1 intervals. A big problem was I was still sore from softball the previous 2 days, Softball and Running are not the same muscle groups for sure. It only gets better from there. Wednesday night I went to bed feeling a little sick, a couple hours later I was throwing up and couldn't stop, finally at about 5am on thursday I had Waleah take me to emergency. They hooked an IV up and ran a few bags of saline through me and was finally let out about 4pm. It was a long day for me, even longer for Waleah as she had to try to sleep in a not so comfortable chair. Yesterday was a lot of sleeping and drinking water. So thursdays run was a no go and today's won't happen either. I am still feeling nauseous and crappy but it appears Waleah has been able to fight the bug off. Since wednesday night I have had to eat 5 pieces of toast a small cup of chicken noodle soup and 2 scrambled eggs. We'll see what tomorrow brings and what kind of energy we have (supposed to be 13km but we'll see).

No comments: