Saturday, April 15, 2006

2 weeks to go

Only 2 weeks to go before the "official" marathon training program begins. The base run to start is 10k and I'll be ready to run that that Sunday morning. This week we have done about 35k of walking/running, for me 17.8k of running was done over 3 sessions. That's a lot when I think back to when I started it was work just running 2 or 3 minutes at a time. Tomorrow is the first time I'll run a 10 & 1 interval and I'll repeat 6 times. I haven't calculated the number of intervals for the actual marathon yet. I'll do that much later so I don't scare myself.
I made an actual running mix on my iPod for yesterday's run and it worked well, the first part of the run was really hard it being early morning and no breakfast but by 20 minutes in I felt great and was suprised when I caught back up with Waleah and was done, I felt I could have kept going forever.

Bawitidaba - Kid Rock
All Jacked Up - Gretchen Wilson
Around the World - Daft Punk
Dance, Dance - Fallout Boy
You're Pretty When I'm Drunk - Bloodhound Gang
Short Skirt/Long Jacket - Cake
Sk8ter Boi - Avril Lavigne
Let's Get Retarted - Black Eyed Peas
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
More Than Fine - Switchfoot
Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai
How Do You Like Me Now - Toby Keith
Love Shack - B-52's
Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
Cowboy - Kid Rock
Beer for My Horses - Toby Keith/Willie Nelson
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Give it Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson

OK, varied list but when I got to How Do You Like Me Now I was feeling good and started singing along.
Have a Happy Easter, we'll be up bright and early for our run tomorrow so I make an Easter Brunch for Waleah, Kari and I.

No comments: