Monday, April 10, 2006

uP and UP the Numbers go!!!

Our fundraising total just keeps on climbing up....a few dollars here and there each day and they just keep adding up!! It's very exciting to see the Thermometer climb. We received another $147 from our generous fellow Curlers from the Mixed Friday Night league over at Royal City Curling Club in New Westminster. Thanks everyone! Today a colleague of mine gave me a great poem and a cheque for $251 dollars (not to be outdone by a fellow colleague in another office!) Thank you Brian!! You are awesome and very generous!! We are now at $6593 raised to date!!

Our mileage is also increasing.....We did our long steady run/walk yesterday (I walked and Mike did his run/walk intervals). Mike ran 7km (not including the rest of our walk) -- the most he's run so far in a row....I'm so proud of him and I know he was thrilled too with his accomplishments. I managed to walk 13km (which is my longest to date as well) and Mike did a total of 15km yesterday between his run and walking with me before and after. So only 27 more Km's for Mike and 29 more Km's for me!! It was a great workout yesterday at Burnaby Lake....even with the rain.

Only 2 more weeks till the Sun Run which we will both walk together. My body is still not ready for running so I will continue my training with walking and hope that over the next few months I may be able to run more. If not, I will be walking the full marathon.....I'd rather complete the event healthy and injury free than not be able to complete it after all of our hard work.

No comments: