Thursday, July 06, 2006

and the winner is....

We held our beer draw this weekend and the winner is Philip Frances from RBC Dominion Securities. Congratulations to him and thank you to all who supported us by buying tickets, the beer draw raised another $200 or so towards our total.

The ball tournament in Armstrong was a lot of fun and HOT! Waleah and I arrived at 11:30 Friday night, set up camp and had a couple drinks and relaxed. I woke up around 7:00 and felt a little restless so I went for a short 30 minute run while Waleah slept in the nice hot tent. It was getting quite hot already but it felt nice to get a workout in. We then went to Kalamaka lake later that afternoon after our last round robin game and spent a whole lot of time in the water, it was very nice indeed. :)

We finished 4th in round robin play (out of 40 teams) but unfortunately lost our first playoff game. 8:00am games on Sundays are a little tough after partying all night long. I was a good boy and took the weekend off from partying since we had a long run that we wanted to do on Monday (29km) but of course the rest of the team didn't since we were there to have fun!

The run started ok but then around the 20km mark my blood sugar started to drop and after a power gel and a fruit bar is was still dropping (went down to 5.0), from there I slowed it down and walked more than I ran, the sugars eventually came back up after drinking a bottle of gatorade that we had stashed at the beginning of the run. So in the end I ended up doing just over 20k at 10& 1 intervals and ended up walking most of the last 9km.

All in all we had a good long weekend with the ball tournament and Monday's long run, I think spending then entire afternoon in the lake was the highlight for sure.

Last night's training was pretty good, since I've missed most the hill training I set out to do what I could, my scheduled training was 9 hill repeats, I cut it at 6 and feel ok this morning, we'll be packing tonight for our weekend away with Waleah's parents on their boat but Saturday (Waleah's Birthday) we'll find an island to do our 32k distance. 32km is the longest training run before the marathon which is coming up fast, amazing how time flies!!! 5 more weeks of long Sunday runs, 32 this week and then 23,29,32,23 and the Sunday before the marathon is only a 6k run. It's nice to finally see the goal in sight and knowing that we'll be able to complete the full 42.2km and accomplish our goal.

Have a great weekend and wish us luck for our 32km run!

No comments: