Monday, July 31, 2006

A eventful weekend!


Wow am I exhausted! A very eventful weekend. Friday night we went and booked the hall for our wedding, the date has been set to January 13th at the Firefighters hall in Burnaby. Wow, hard to believe that Waleah and I haven't even been together a year.
Right after that we headed out to Drexoll games in Poco where they had their annual 24 hour game night. 6:30 Friday until 6ish on Saturday was filled with lots of sleep deprived gaming goodness. Waleah was not feeling great so she dropped me off Friday night and headed home for a nap. She came back (slightly) refreshed around 11:00pm and joined in the all night and day fun. After that it was head right home for a shower, dinner and some sleep. Hit the sack at 8:00pm and woke up around 9:30 to the sound of rain.
The thought of running 32k in the heavy rain wasn't thrilling and I know Waleah's back wasn't feeling great so I came up with the plan. Waleah would drive to Mom's and use the treadmill and I would follow our route from last week. What a run, the rain cleared for me, yay!, but it was a long hard run, I almost made the phone call a couple times to be picked up around the 20-25km mark but I was able to finish the run in just over 4 hours. A couple things happened that made the run easier, first was Mom waiting at the Tim Horton's in Poco for me as I ran past, that was a great and welcome surprise and gave me a good burst of energy for the next 45 minutes or so. Once I hit the last 6km it was really hard, as I hit downtown Maple Ridge I visualized it being the end of the Marathon in Reykjavik and finally being able to complete our goal and was able to find another burst of energy. As I turned down the last kilometer towards Mom's Waleah was coming up to meet me. We turned around and finished the run to Mom's together. Wow, what a weekend and what a long run. I definitely feel that I am ready for the marathon that is just 19 days away. A little bit bagged this morning, thankfully I was able to get Dave to go to Starbucks for me and pick me up a double shot white mocha, I feel a little more alert now, but I think an early bedtime is in store for me again tonight.
Up for the week is trying to fit ball and training in on Tuesday & Wednesday and catching up on sleep.

PS: the sappy pic of Waleah and I is from a BBQ last Saturday night taken by our friend Bill.

No comments: