Sunday, June 10, 2007

Training has officially begun......

Well, we've been busy since I completed the Vancouver International Marathon and there never seems to be a dull moment. I've enjoyed a break from training and Mike is getting ready to run the Scotia Half on June 24th.

This past week has found both of us starting our Marathon clinics. I'm teaching the Half & Full Marathon Walking clinic for the Poco Running Room once again. Should be fun. So far I have a good group of people signed up. Mike has started his Full Marathon Clinic at the Poco Running Room too this week. Although he was sick earlier this week so he was off to a slow start. Today he did a 20km run and even though it was raining, he had a good run. I think he's ready for his event in 2 weeks. This week is week 2 of training, Mike has ball and I'm hoping to do some stuff around home while he's at ball. Today we went and watched our friend's daughter, Charrissa at her dance recital. It was a lot of fun and a great way to spend our Sunday afternoon. She was adorable and probably had one of THE biggest smiles on stage. :)

We'll be starting to do more fundraising soon.....so be prepared...we'll be asking you for a donation over the next while for the Canadian Diabetes Association....remember that all donations will receive a tax receipt. It's a great cause and funds raised go to help further research and educate people on the disease.

Well, I'm a little under the weather...think I'm catching that cold that's been going around...so I'm signing off for now. Sorry this is such a short post...but I realized it's been a while since either of us has put on one here.

Take care and keep checking in on us to see how we are progressing.

Waleah

No comments: