Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Vancouver Internation Marathon Weekend!!!!

Again a long delay between updates. Waleah will be participation in the Vancouver International Marathon on Sunday. Since January she has been the group leader at the Running Room in Poco for both the Full and Half-Marathon walking groups. Finally the end is here (until June when we start training for Dublin), and it is likely that she will be the group leader again. I know she has had a good time with it and it's so much easier to walk with a group as opposed to alone (like last year).

I will be cheering Waleah and the rest of the Poco groups on, I have had a hell of a time getting into a routine, I am aiming to do the Scotia Half Marathon but I am having a rough time motivating myself right now, I am supposed to do 16k this Sunday but so far my longest run has been only 10 (I've missed a couple of weeks of running). We'll see how it goes since Sunday I'll be seeing Waleah off at 6:30 for the Full Marathon and then Kari and the rest for the Half @ 7:00am. I'll do my best to get a run in and be back in time to cheer them on at the finish line.


We also had our 2nd Annual Boardgaming for Diabetes last weekend and it was another success! We raised approx $1200 dollars and even though there we about 10 people less than last year we still had a blast. Thank you to all who came and we will be doing it again next year even though we will not be doing another Team D marathon (we need to take a break :) )

That's it for now, I promise Waleah will post how the Marathon went.

Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on raising $1200 dollars for diabetes.... from betty

Taylor said...

congrats on another well run event! You two sure set the bar!

and good luck on your walk/run this coming weekend. If you have some extra motivation left over send it my way :)