Friday, January 20, 2006

We must be crazy......

Earlier this week I heard a radio ad on CKNW about a diabetes fundraiser in Iceland. I've always thought it would a cool place to visit and it being a "free" trip I looked further into it. The catch is you need to raise $6,100 to be eligible and after some discussion Waleah and I have decided to go for it. So between the two of us we need to raise $12,200 (wow) but since diabetes has had a major impact on my family's life it seems worth it. I get to go somewhere that I never thought I would make it to, Waleah gets a chance to complete one of her goals in completing a marathon and the Canadian Diabetes Association gets donations that they would not otherwise get.
This week the training will begin, shooting for the moon we hope to run it but a more realistic goal for me would be to complete it running and walking.
Between the training and fundraising, Waleah and I have 6 months of hard work that hopefully will be fulfilling and rewarding for us.

No comments: