Saturday, August 12, 2006

Happy 1 Year Anniversary MIke

One year ago today you took me out on our first "real" date. We had a great time and I knew you were someone I wanted to see again. We had already started off with a friendship and I knew you were a warm and outgoing guy. After each date for the first few weeks I kept thinking, this guy is great and I keep wanting to see him! To me this was a big thing, as you know, for the past few years before you, most guys didn't get more than 1 or 2 dates....I thought most guys were dumb and I had some pretty bad dating experiences.

But you changed all of that and helped me believe in true love and romance again. Very early on in our relationship I had this feeling that if things kept going as good as they were, I could see you being "the one" and us getting married eventually. How right I was!!! You are the best guy I know and one of the best people to ever happen to me. I'm so happy that I took a chance and left the note on your car back in July of 2005. Here we are, getting ready for a trip of a lifetime and ready to plan our wedding and spend the rest of our lives together.

I love you with all that I am and all that I have. Thank you for your love and support and encouragement this past year and I look forward to each and every year with you. With out you in my corner I would not be doing my first full marathon at this time and I thank you for helping me realize and reach one of my goals. You are my best friend, my lover, my soul mate and my partner. How truly lucky am I to get to marry you in 5 months.....I can't wait.... :)

love you

No comments: